Many of us make New Year’s Resolutions. Some of us might even keep them. Others routinely see
them fail or fade. Others don’t even bother with the ritual. But the beginning of any new year or a new season in our lives can focus us on our priorities and commitments, especially to think about our relationship with the Lord and with others. Don Whitney has written some questions below that can help us to take stock, get our bearings and move further and deeper into what is really important.
- What's one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
- What's the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
- What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
- In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
- What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
- What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
- For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
- What's the most important way you will, by God's grace, try to make this year different from last year?
- What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
- What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?