2. Over-relying on man-centered factors as essential to success
3. Lack of gratitude for others
4. "Key-man syndrome:" we can't survive without "him"
6. Manipulating people because we don't trust God
7. Viewing staff and leaders as "ours"
8. Falsely attributing things to God that we manipulated to happen
9. Ignoring the gifts of others given by the Spirit
10. Using others to build your platform
11. Partiality to the rich
12. False humility
13. Viewing your gifts above other gifts
14. Pompous language
15. Hiding the sins of leaders b/c you don't trust God's process
16. Making pastor's wives "First Lady"
17. Using church funds however you want without reporting
18. Keeping smarter men out of the elder/deacon room because they make us insecure
19. Unteachable spirit
20. Shunning those who innocently and/or genuinely question us out of love
*Costi Hinn serves as the Pastor of Preaching & Teaching at Shepherd's House Bible Church in Chandler, AZ. He is a graduate of Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, and the author of several books including, More Than a Healer (Zondervan, 2021), God, Greed, and the (Prosperity) Gospel (Zondervan, 2019), and Defining Deception (SCS Press, 2018).