"I
need to be continually reminded that my identity in light of my
inadequacy rests on God’s response to my failures. God compassionates
those who fear him, knowing our fragile nature and that we are dust (Ps
103:10–14). Rather than withdrawing, God demonstrates his love by
sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners (Rom 5:8). This
means acceptance precedes our improvement. God knows how truly
inadequate and incompetent I am, and yet still accepts me. Not because
of my successes and failures but in spite of them.
"We
should strive to get things right, do things well, and show competence.
But rather than demanding perfection, Christ understands our struggles
and invites us to approach God’s throne confidently to receive mercy and
grace in our time of need when we inevitably fall short (Heb 4:15–16).
"Recovery
from failure receives particular emphasis. The righteous fall
repeatedly but rise again (Prov 24:16), and though the righteous fall,
they won’t be destroyed because God holds them by the hand (Ps
37:23–24). God’s mercies are new each morning, and his faithfulness is
great (Lam 3:22–23); suggesting that each day offers fresh opportunity
regardless of yesterday’s failures.
"I need the
constant encouragement to forget what lies behind and press forward
toward the goal (Phil 3:13–14), indicating that dwelling on past
mistakes contradicts the gospel’s forward momentum. I have made many
mistakes. Some more public than others. I will continue to do so, but my
prayer is that God and those around me give me grace in such instances.
Look towards Jesus — the only one who got and gets it right every time."
by Wesley
"Wes" Huff (born 1991) who is a Canadian Christian apologist, theologian,
and historian specializing in ancient biblical manuscripts. He serves as the
Central Canada Director for Apologetics Canada, and is widely recognized for
his participation in public dialogues, debates, and events dealing with faith
and cultural engagement.

No comments:
Post a Comment